Mississippi Background Checks & Criminal Records
Mississippi Background Check Coverage
- Mississippi Sex Offender - Mississippi Sex Offender Records. Data can contain offense, address, crime location, and photo. Updated Monthly.
- Mississippi Dept of Corrections - Sentencing records of felony convictions from all counties' Circuit Courts since 1976 of persons sentenced to probation or time in a state institution; includes records on parolees. Records on about 160,000 persons. Results may include name, DOB, race, sex, charge, county of offense, disposition, disposition date, sentence, probation or parole status and related dates. Records updated monthly.
- Hinds County - Hinds County data contains criminal records on over 18,000 individuals. Data can contain Offense, Case Number, Sentence, Disposition, and Arrest Date. This file is updated monthy.
- Mississippi Parole Board - MS Parole Board. Individuals that are on Parole in the State of MS, from the MS dept of Corrections.
- P.R.I.O.R.S. - Public Record Indexes of Record Searches. This database is comprised of proprietary criminal data compiled from previously ordered county, statewide and federal criminal requests, from MS, which contained records.
How to Avoid Mississippi Background Check Scams
Mississippi background checks have grown in popularity in the past few years. With all the identity theft and personal misrepresentation going on, people have realized the importance of doing serious research into other people’s backgrounds before developing relationships with them. Unfortunately, the rise in popularity of Mississippi background checks has attracted scammers who want to take advantage of all the curious people. Anytime something gets big, scammers are sure to follow. That’s a sad fact of the business world. However, you do not have to be taken advantage of. Smart consumers can learn how to avoid the traps scammers set.
Not every website that claims it can conduct Mississippi background checks is legitimate. Some of them take your money for merely providing basic information that you could have easily found on your own for free. So, how do you distinguish between the Mississippi background check companies that aren’t worth your time or money?
The first thing to do is to check for reviews. The website may have reviews posted, but there is no way of being certain those are from real customers. It is better to check third party sites. They have no reason to be dishonest. Dissatisfied customers are quick to tell people about their bad experiences, so you shouldn’t have trouble finding the Mississippi background check companies that have rubbed customers the wrong way. Satisfied customers, too, like to spread the news. So, you will also find the companies that are good and trustworthy.
Also, consider the price of the Mississippi background check. Of course, it will be tempting to go with whoever is cheapest, but if you come across a company, whose prices seem too good to be true, beware. If they are much cheaper than all the other companies offering similar services, that may be a sign that they aren’t being truthful in their promotions. If they were, how would the other companies be able to compete?
Once you decide on a Mississippi background check company, be sure to check their website to see the exact information they provide. Do not just read the big, bolded print on the homepage. Read the fine print. Read the details. See if they offer guarantees. Good Mississippi background check companies will stand by their services and have no problem going above and beyond for their customers. They know happy customers are loyal customers, so their customer service will be top notch. Are they easy to get in contact with? Do they have a contact phone number and email address? If you try calling or emailing, do they respond in a timely fashion (or at all)? These are the types of questions you should get answers to before you pay your money.
Once you’ve paid a Mississippi background check company, it may be really hard (if not impossible) to get your money back. Do your research and save yourself a lot of time and frustration later.
Mississippi Background Check
Whether you live in Jackson, Gulfport, Biloxi, Hattiesburg, or anyplace in between, the ability to carry out an accurate and thorough background check is essential in maintaining you and your family's protection.
Mississippi County Statistics
Mississippi City Statistics
Mississippi Criminal Background Checks Keep Your Family Safe
Whether you're taking a weekend trip golfing at the highly praised Old Waverly Golf Club or spend a few days enjoying Mississippi's Noxubee Hills Hiking Trail, you may rely on someone else to watch over your children while you are away. When it comes to your children, you can by no means take risks. That's why you ought to perform a background check on the individual you are to trust with your child's safety.
There are over 4,600 registered sex offenders in Mississippi alone, and it is projected that this accounts for less than 25% of who have in fact committed a sexual crime. A background check is a low-cost way for you to establish a safe environment for your children while you're not at home.
Mississippi Criminal Background Checks Keep Your Home Safe
You should never hire any type of house services unless they come from a reference from someone trustworthy. Even then, a simple Mississippi background check is a sure way to quickly raise flags. It is common for people to pose as a reliable maid or nanny and gain the trust of an innocent victim. Unfortunately in most cases, theft is irresolvable and the stolen goods never make it back. In numerous cases, a Mississippi background check reveals that the suspect had a criminal record. Filing a police report will often raise flags in the future for others who perform background checks on the individual.
Criminal Statistics For The State Of Mississippi
- Total Crime - In 2006, Mississippi had a Total Crime Index of 3506.4 incidents per 100,000 individuals. This figure was down 1.4% from the previous year in 2005. The Total Crime Index was up 14.5% since 1984, but down 27.6% since 1994 Mississippi's Total Crime Index has changed slightly during the past 25 years, growing slightly.
- Violent Crime - Mississippi had a Violent Crime Index of 298.6 reported incidents per 100,000 people in 2006. This number was up 6.7% from 2005. The Violent Crime Index was up 10.6% since 1987, but down 40.7% since 1995. Mississippi's Violent Crime Index has changed slightly during the past twenty five years, declining slightly.
- Property Crime - Mississippi's 2006 Property Crime Index was 3208.8 reported incidents per one hundred thousand people. This figure was down 2% from the prior year. The Property Crime Index was up 15.5% since 1984, but down 26.2% since 1994. Mississippi's Property Crime Index has changed slightly during the past twenty five years, increasing slightly.
- Murder Rate - The 2006 Mississippi Murder Rate was 7.7 reported incidents per one hundred thousand individuals. This figure was up 4% from the previous year, 2005. Mississippi's Murder Rate has been declining during the past 25 years.
- Forced Rape - In 2006, Mississippi's Forcible Rape Index was 34.4 reported incidents per 100,000 people. This figure was down 12.7% from the previous year, 2005. The Forcible Rape Index was up 44.5% since 1983, but down 25.8% since 1991. Mississippi's Forcible Rape Index has been growing during the past 25 years.
- Robbery - The Robbery Index in 2006 for Mississippi was 107.1 incidents per 100,000 individuals. This figure was up 29.5% from the previous year in 2005. The Robbery Index was up 87.8% since 1987, but down 34.1% since 1994. Mississippi's Robbery Index has drastically increased during the past twenty five years.
- Aggravated Assault - Mississippi's Aggravated Assault Index in 2006 was 149.5 reported incidents per 100,000 people. This figure was down 0.4% from the previous year in 2005. The Aggravated Assault Index was down 12.7% since 1985 and down from a 25 year high in 1999, down 54.3%. Mississippi's Aggravated Assault Index has been steadily declining during the past 25 years.
- Burglary - In 2006, Mississippi had a Burglary Index of 935.9 incidents per hundred thousand individuals. This figure was up 1.3% from the previous year, 2005. The Burglary Index was up 5.8% since 1999, but down 29.8% since 1991. Mississippi's Burglary Index has been slowly dropping during the past 25 years.
- Larceny Theft - The 2006 Larceny Theft Index of Mississippi was 1986.1 incidents per 100,000 people. This figure was down 5.2% from the previous year, 2005. The Larceny Theft Index was up 20.1% since 1984, but down 30.7% since 2000. Mississippi's Larceny Theft Index has slowly been increasing during the past 25 years.
- Motor Vehicle Theft - The Motor Vehicle Theft Index in 2006 for Mississippi was 286.8 reported incidents per 100,000 people. This figure was down 5.2% from the previous year in 2005. The Motor Vehicle Theft Index was up 101.8% since 1983, but down 29.2% since 1994. Mississippi's Motor Vehicle Theft Index has drastically increased during the past 25 years.