Tennessee Background Checks & Criminal Records
Tennessee Background Check Coverage
- Tennessee Sex Offender - Tennessee Sexual Offender Registry information about sex offenders who committed certain enumerated offenses on or after July 1, 1997. Photos included.
- Tennessee Dept of Corrections - Contains current and historical statewide felony and misdemeanor information for inmates, probationers and parolees who are or have been under the supervision of the Tennessee Department of Corrections. The jurisdiction provides annual updates. Updated quarterly.
- Tennessee Admin Office of Courts - Court records of statewide felony convictions from all 95 counties since 1990. Approximately 900,000 records. Search results show the date, county, case number, defendant name and aliases (when available), DOB, social security number (when available), cha
- Tennessee AOC - Supplemental - Data contains misdemeanor, traffic, and infraction records dating back to 1990. Results may include name, offense, degree of offense, type of filing, file date, disposition date, and judgement type. Updated monthly.
- Rutherford County - Data provided by Rutherford County. Data contains felony and misdemeanor convictions from the District Circuit Court and General Sessions Court since 1990. Data may contain defendant name, DOB, race, sex, address, case number, charge, and disposition. Updated Monthly. Cities in this county are: Lascassas, Milton, Rockvale, Smyrna, Christiana, Fosterville, Eagleville, La Vergne and Murfreesboro.
- Davidson County - Data provided by Davidson County. Data contains Felony and Misdemeanor records on 212,702 offenders dating back to 1990. Results may include name, date of birth, race, gender, arrest date, offense, degree of offense and disposition. Updated Monthly. Cities in this county are: Whites Creek, Madison, Nashville, Old Hickory, Bellevue, Hermitage, Joelton, Oak Hill, Ridgetop (part), Antioch, Goodlettsville (part), Lakewood, Nashville-Davidson (remainder), Belle Meade, Berry Hill, and Forest Hills.
- TN METH - Registry of approximately 312 offenders convicted of substantive violations of TN laws prohibiting the illegal manufacture of methamphetamines. Results may include DOB, offense and conviction date.
- P.R.I.O.R.S. - Public Record Indexes of Record Searches. This database is comprised of proprietary criminal data compiled from previously ordered county, statewide and federal criminal requests, from TN, which contained records.
Doing a Tennessee Background Check on a Teacher
Children who are in public or private school are there for at least six to seven hours a day, and many times they are there even longer. The people who are teaching our children have a huge impact on them and they make sure that not only are our children educated, but also that they’re well behaved. Have you ever given time to think about how the teachers are caring for your child? Since they’re responsible for helping to mold them into the people that they will eventually become, it’s something that is good to think about. While there are a great many teachers who are well-educated, kind, and care for your children, you will also find that there are teachers who do not care as much. That is why some people wonder if they should run a Tennessee background check on the teachers that will be educating your child.
This is actually a huge debate with people on both sides of the argument believing that they are right. They wonder if doing Tennessee background checks are a good thing or not, but you need to know that legally running a Tennessee background check will not get you into any trouble. This is because all of the information that you’ll be getting when you run a Tennessee background check is a matter of public record, meaning that everyone can access it. It is also information that is considered to be safe for people to access, according to the government.
One question many parents have is to wonder if the school is doing their job by running a Tennessee background check. Technically, all public schools are supposed to run a background check on anyone that gets hired to work for the school, and they’re supposed to run a Tennessee background check on someone who is even simply working in the school or going on a field trip with the children. Unfortunately, not every school follows the letter of the law, and private schools are not subject to the same rules that public schools are required to follow. That’s why you might want to think about running your own Tennessee background check!
It’s actually very easy to run a Tennessee background check on your children’s teachers. All you need is their full name. Once you have their full name, and if they are married than a maiden name helps, you simply have to input the name into the right website. If you know where they currently live, at least in what town, that will also help. The information will then pop up on the screen and you’ll be able to learn a great deal about the teacher, including where they came from, if they’re married or single, or if they’ve ever spent any time in prison. The people who are teaching your children are important to learn about, so never feel ashamed to run a Tennessee background check on them as they technically work for you!
Tennessee Background Check
Whether you live in Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga, or anyplace in between, the ability to carry out an accurate and thorough background check is essential in maintaining you and your family's protection.
Tennessee County Statistics
Tennessee City Statistics
Tennessee Criminal Background Checks Keep Your Family Safe
Whether you're taking a weekend trip to golfing at the Spring Creek Ranch or spend a few days traveling to see the beautiful and only natural lake in Tennessee, Reelfoot Lake, you might rely on someone else to watch over your kids while you are away. When it comes to your children, you can never take risks. That's why you ought to perform a background check on the person you are to trust with your child's safety.
There are 11,100 registered sex offenders in Tennessee alone, and it is projected that this accounts for less than 25% of who have in fact committed a sexual crime. A background check is an inexpensive way for you to determine how to keep your children safe when you are away from home.
Tennessee Criminal Background Checks Keep Your Home Safe
You should never hire any type of house services unless they come from a reference from someone your trust. Even then, a simple Tennessee background check can quickly raise flags. It is common for people to pose as a reliable maid or nanny and gain the trust of an innocent victim. Unfortunately in most cases, theft is irresolvable and the stolen goods never make it back. In numerous cases, a Tennessee background check reveals that the suspect had a criminal record. Filing a police report will often raise flags in the future for others who perform background checks on the individual.
Criminal Statistics For The State Of Tennessee
- Total Crime - In 2006, Tennessee had a Total Crime Index of 4888.3 incidents per 100,000 individuals. This figure was down 3.4% from the previous year in 2005. The Total Crime Index was up 25.6% since 1984, but down 11.4% since 1997 Tennessee's Total Crime Index has slowly been increasing during the past 25 years.
- Violent Crime - Tennessee had a Violent Crime Index of 760.2 reported incidents per 100,000 people in 2006. This number was up 0.5% from 2005. The Violent Crime Index was up 89.1% since 1983, but down 3.8% since 1997. Tennessee's Violent Crime Index has drastically rising during the past 25 years.
- Property Crime - Tennessee's 2006 Property Crime Index was 4128.3 reported incidents per one hundred thousand people. This figure was down 4% from the prior year. The Property Crime Index was up 19.8% since 1984, but down 12.6% since 1997. Tennessee's Property Crime Index has changed slightly during the past twenty five years, increasing slightly.
- Murder Rate - The 2006 Tennessee Murder Rate was 6.8 reported incidents per one hundred thousand individuals. This figure was down 5.6% from the previous year in 2005. Tennessee's Murder Rate has been steadily declining during the past 25 years.
- Forced Rape - In 2006, Tennessee's Forcible Rape Index was 35.5 reported incidents per 100,000 people. This figure was down 3.6% from the previous year, 2005. Tennessee's Forcible Rape Index has changed slightly during the past twenty five years, declining slightly.
- Robbery - The Robbery Index in 2006 for Tennessee was 184.3 incidents per 100,000 individuals. This figure was up 9.6% from the previous year in 2005. The Robbery Index was up 17.5% since 1999, but down 17.7% since 1996. Tennessee's Robbery Index has changed slightly during the past 25 years, increasing slightly.
- Aggravated Assault - Tennessee's Aggravated Assault Index in 2006 was 533.7 reported incidents per 100,000 people. This figure was down 2.2% from the previous year in 2005. The Aggravated Assault Index was up a 25 year high of 189.1% in 1983. Tennessee's Aggravated Assault Index has drastically increased during the past 25 years.
- Burglary - In 2006, Tennessee had a Burglary Index of 1040.9 incidents per hundred thousand individuals. This figure was up 0.7% from the previous year, 2005. The Burglary Index was up 11.1% since 1999, but down 30.7% since 1980. Tennessee's Burglary Index has been slowly dropping during the past 25 years.
- Larceny Theft - The 2006 Larceny Theft Index of Tennessee was 2713.2 incidents per 100,000 people. This figure was down 4.6% from the previous year, 2005. The Larceny Theft Index was up 38.8% since 1984, but down 7.2% since 1997. Tennessee's Larceny Theft Index has been steadily growing during the past 25 years.
- Motor Vehicle Theft - The Motor Vehicle Theft Index in 2006 for Tennessee was 374.1 reported incidents per 100,000 people. This figure was down 4.6% from the previous year in 2005. The Motor Vehicle Theft Index was up 18.1% since 1983, but down 42.4% since 1995. Tennessee's Motor Vehicle Theft Index has changed slightly during the past 25 years, growing slightly.